Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Words of Encouragement

Below are some words of encouragement on "HOPE" from a very dear friend of mine! This was posted on her blog and it was so good and I wanted to share it with each of you! Thanks Janelle! I hope you don't mind that I reposted it! Love you!

I'm watching the snow come down and cover the dreary streets and it's beautiful...as long as I get to stay inside. :) My hope for this is fleeting. Obviously, I can't stay inside until spring or even until I have the chance to get over this winter cold thing that seems to have caught me. As I was sitting here thinking how temporary and empty the hope I hold in keeping warm all winter long is, my thoughts jumped to other hope I have. (I'm just sure I have ADD tendencies because my thoughts jump around...A LOT!)
But anyway, back to the hope issue...

Lamentations 3:21-24 reminds us, "This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the LORD’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. “ The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “ Therefore I hope in Him!”"

Ps. 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.

Our friend, Stephanie, had surgery yesterday on what was considered an inoperable brain tumor. The thing is, she and many others kept on hoping in His word and trusting Him for whatever outcome there was. We are praising God today because the doctors think they were able to get all of it. She will have tests done to clarify the results of the surgery but regardless of the outcome, our hope remains fixed on God. It seems like everywhere we look there are horrible things happening. Cancer, poverty, HIV, abuse, the list goes on BUT there is always hope and as we thank God for His many blessings, I pray you and I can continually put our hope in Him.

Romans 5:5 tells us, "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Hebrews 12:1-3 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.

Take heart and HOPE IN CHRIST! And please, keep praying for my sister and Stephanie, and all those hoping in Christ as they run the race towards healing from cancer. Thanks!

1 comments:

Greene Pastures said...

Wow, one of those God moments. Our sermon Sunday was on hope, and then my one of my bible study lessons touched on hope again. Reading Janelle's words are just one more glimpse of the hope that God gives us each and every day.