Saturday, August 23, 2008

Today is the Day

Well last night went well. As a friend told me "ENJOY" and I did. There are times that I wish I had a daughter to share these moments with but then again it was wonderful to just have some me time. I was able to get a Sunday School lesson all planned with no interuptions! Yeah, I was able to work on some organization stuff that needs to be done before school starts on Monday. I got caught up on some much needed emails that needed to be answered. I had just "be still and know that I am God" time to just rest in the hands of our loving God and to hear Him speak to me in a way that I really needed to be spoken too. It was wonderful. Then I ended the night with watching the movie Sydney White so that was fun. Yesterday I was reminded by a dear friend that Today is the Day He has made and to rejoice and be glad in it. I wasn't really rejoicing and being glad in the days that have been given to me lately. In fact I have been complaining, arguing, and questioning God on some things. So He set me straight last night and as the songs says I will rejoice and be glad in TODAY for He has given me this day and I will not worry about tomorrow I am trusting in what He says...TODAY IS THE DAY!!! I am casting my cares aside I'm leaving my past behind. I'm setting my heart and mind on YOU JESUS. I am reaching my hands to YOURS believeing there is so much more! Knowing that all You have in store for me is GOOD! Today is the day I will rejoice and be glad in it! I am putting my fears aside. I'm leaving my doubts aside. I'm giving my hopes and dreams to YOU JESUS!! I'm reaching my hands to Yours believeing there is so much more! Knowing all you have in store for me is GOOD! If you haven't heard this song by Lincoln Brewster you have to check it out. It is one of my favorite worship songs right know as it really focuses my attention and mind on where it should be and not on the things that I so easily get distracted with. I must stand on HIS TRUTH. Not MINE!!! I must live all my days for HIM not for ME!!! This song refocuses me back to the TRUTH and that is where my mind needs to be. NOT on my feelings, my emotions, my plans, my fears etc....It's about today living it the way God wants me to TODAY and rejoicing in the day that He has given me! May your day be blessed and remember TODAY IS THE DAY REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT!! Hand over all your cares and concerns to the one who can solve those cares and concerns. Hand your fears to the the one who can destroy those fears. Give YOUR hopes and dreams up to the ONE who has greater PLANS for your future. Plans that are GOOD! Plans that will give you a future and a hope! Plans that are GREATER AND HIGHER than your plans for your own life! Why settle for things done MY WAY if GOD has such BIGGER AND BETTER plans! Why settle for FEAR when He will give me PEACE! Why focus on the PAST fears and failures when God has GREATER PLANS and HE is waiting for us to take that path??? Let us REJOICE IN TODAY!! Have a WONDERFUL PEACE FILLED DAY!

1 comments:

The Buffington Family said...

not by power, not by might, but by His spirit says the Lord! you go, girl!!! Love you and am standing with you!