Sunday, August 10, 2008

Apology

I know I have been very bad at updating this lately and for that I am sorry! I will try and do better!

Things have been crazy busy around here.

Last weekend found us at the lake ALL weekend. It was wonderful. We had our church camping trip and Baptism. Matt baptized 11 people. It was wonderful to be apart of each of these people's lives as they followed the Lord in this step of obedience. I once again did not have my camera so I do not have any pictures. I hope to post some if I can get my hands on any of them. We had a great time just sitting back and relaxing. Matt wowed us once again with his wonderful Dutch Oven cooking. He spoiled us ALL! I decided to try and act younger then I really am and hang out with the kids. I came home all bruised up from tubing. It was fun though and I wouldn't change a thing. Although I am having a harder and harder time pulling myself up onto the tube if I get thrown off. Brian dumped me once and it was too hard to get back on so I held on for dear life the rest of the time. It was a TOTAL BLAST!!!

The beginning of the week found us in softball tournaments. We ALMOST won on Monday night we played a WONDERFUL game and it was so much fun. Then Tuesday we played again in Wauneta and had a great game there as well but again we lost. We officially ended the season with no WINS at all but I would say we are definetly not LOOSERS! We had a winning season with relationships being built and just the fellowship that we had and the fun that it was. So Lighthouse Softball team. I love you and thanks for the MEMORIES!!! This goes out to the Missouri Lighthouse team members as well! :-) We love you and have great memories there as well!

Matt has had a very SLOW week with work and that has kind of been stressful. Please pray for his work situation. On Friday he drummed up a job to Greely so we jumped in with Matt on Thursday night and headed on the road with him. I was mad because he had turned down a job in Lincoln but I got over it and we had a good time being together!

Last week we also had 13 ROCK bands come to Imperial and we put on that concert. It was wonderful but my body once again said you have to slow down you are getting OLD. I DON'T like this and it is hard to swallow. I still FEEL YOUNG but my body is telling me different.

Last night we went to a birthday party for Steph and we played volleyball and my body is hurting again......UGGGGH!!!! Please someone tell me I am NOT getting old!!! HA HAAA!!! For those of you who know me I like people to speak the truth so don't tell me that I will accept the hard cold facts and at some point decide to act my age. Just not sure when that will be????

Love you guys!!!

0 comments: